PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 24, 2011

Fanfiction in the Spotlight: Lights Out


I was just hanging out, following my usual routine, when out of the blue a friend linked me to this story.
Warning: If you are bothered by Slash, Violence, or Gore, then this story isn't for you.

Lights Out by ru_salki99 managed to capture my attention from the very start. It's a story about love in prison, and very different from a lot of Supernatural fan fics out there. Not only is Dean a prag, that gets his butt-raped on a daily basis, but Castiel is a Russian mobster who doesn't flinch back from inflicting some serious pain.

Dean has been on the inside for six years, along with his brother Sam. His previous cellmate made his life a living hell, turning him into his own little sextoy. After the death of Gordon, the cellmate, Dean hopes that he will get to share a cell with someone more bearable.

Castiel is a new inmate, although he has been in prison before. His position in the Russian Maffia makes his introduction to the prison life slightly easier. He appears to be a dangerous, crazy psycho to some, but Dean gets to see the real Castiel. A man who is kind, sweet and caring, and lovingly tends to his wounds.

Pretending to be Castiel's prag is easy, and it makes Dean's butt a lot safer. But what if real feelings arise?



Here's a little segment from this story: 

Dean turned back round and continued to fold what was left of his laundry while Castiel turned back to his book. But after a moment, Castiel spoke again.

“My cousin Rafael asked me today if he could have you.”

Dean turned to stare at him, “What?”

Castiel shrugged, “His bitch got parole a couple of weeks ago. And from what Gordon said… well, needless to say, he’s not the only guy in here that wants you.”

Dean sighed and sat down on the small stool they had in there, sitting across from Castiel, “Yeah, Ruby said the same thing,” he said. “So what did you say?”

“Nothing. I broke his nose,” Castiel said with a shrug.

Dean stared at him in disbelief.

“They all think I’m fucking you already anyway, hence why he asked my permission.”

“They think… why? What did you say?”

“I didn’t say anything,” Castiel said with a shake of his head. “They simply implied the other day that I would be able to make good use of you, and when they asked me how my night was, well… I just smiled.”

“You’re a dick!” Dean told him as he jumped to his feet.

“Hey,” Castiel said as he jumped up too. “I’ve just stopped a whole section of this prison from even looking at you never mind trying to fuck you. Show a little gratitude!”

“I didn’t ask you for any favours,” Dean told him. “I can take care of myself.”

“Clearly!”

“Trouble in paradise boys?” the guard asked as he pulled open the peep hole.

“Shove it Zachariah.”

“We’re fine Sir,” Castiel said, laying a hand on Dean’s arm.

Zachariah looked down at the hand then back at Dean and grinned, “Keep it down,” he warned. “Some of us are trying to have an afternoon nap and we can’t do it with all the racket you two are making.”

And with that the peep hole was slammed shut, leaving Dean and Castiel on their own again. Dean pulled his arm back and jumped up onto his bunk, immediately turning to face the wall away from him.

He heard Castiel sigh before the bunk below him creaked under the weight of him. He knew the guy was probably just trying to help him some, but he really didn’t need it. He was just going to make things worse if he kept on acting the way he was.

~ ~ ~

This story is truly amazing. I wasn't really in the mood to ready anything, when I got the link. But figured I could just read the start. That way, if I didn't like it, I could at least say I tried to my friend.

However, as soon as I started, I couldn't stop. I ignored anyone who tried to talk to me and became completely captivated by this Dean and Castiel. So all of you, go read this wonderful story now! And leave the author some love; she truly deserves it.

Enjoy the read!

Shirley out!

No comments:

Post a Comment