PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wincest Wednesdays







Pairings/Rating: Sam/OFC, Sam/Dean; R
Spoilers: general S2, Post-Hunted AU
Summary/AN: When Dean disappears on a hunt, the last thing Sam expects is the help of another psychic in trying to find him. The search doesn't go well, and when Dean walks back into his life, it's with news that tears the world out from under them both. And yeah, some het made it in here. I was surprised, too. If that's not your thing, please bear with me anyway; if it is your thing I hope you enjoy it. Beta-thanks go to [info]rejeneration, who cannot hope to escape my appreciative gushings, but I'll be good and hold off until the whole story is posted.
Word Count 51k overall
Disclaimer: I have no claim whatsoever to Supernatural or its characters. Just playing in the sandbox, and having a grand old time of it really, please don't kick me out.



Lyndsey here with our first official Wincest Wednesday.  It's a dirty, pervy, immoral job, but some one had to do it!  I though I'd ease you into this kinky pairing that dominates the fandom with a little Girl!Dean, with a side of Fuck-Or-Die (so to speak).

I was kind of floored by this story.  I don't normally care for Girl!Sam, or Girl!Dean, but this was so well done, with an incredibly clever opening, I found myself forgetting that it was Dean at all.


They’re chasing rumors of a ghost ship on the Great Lakes, about as far North as they can get and still be in Michigan, when Dean disappears. He just steps out for coffee one morning and doesn’t come back. 

“You want food?” he asks, propping the door with his ankle. “I could see what they've got at the diner across the street.”

“No, just coffee.”


Two hours later Sam can't ignore the cold gnaw of worry when Dean still hasn’t returned. The keys are still in his pocket, because the place with the really good coffee is only a ten-minute walk away, and Dean should be back by now. Sam calls and leaves a concerned voice mail, keeps his eyes open for any hint of where his brother might’ve gone, and continues looking into the disappearance of some ship called Le Griffon that Sam could really give two shits about. He keeps his twitching to a minimum while he interviews witnesses, does his best to focus on the case through the growing unease, and leaves four more voicemails as the day stretches on and Dean's absence persists.

By day two Sam gives up all pretense of investigating the hunt and focuses everything he's got on being really goddamn freaked out about Dean. Because it’s been two days and he still isn’t answering the dozens of calls Sam has left him. By day three, Dean’s cell doesn’t even ring out before sending him to voicemail, and Sam is running out of places to look and people to question.

On day seven, Sam decides he’s had enough. He’s looked everywhere, torn the whole damn town apart in search of something resembling a trail, and he's got precisely jack squat. There’s nothing else he can do here, so he packs up the car and makes a new plan. 



Now, don't get me wrong when I say this, but when I read Wincest, I really like to see the emotion between Sam and Dean.  I mean, I want to see the filthy sex too, but mostly I want to see how much they really love each other; so much so, that crossing those deeply etched lines don't matter.

This fic did that, showed the love between the brothers in such a heart breaking fashion I felt a little weepy at times. It isn't terribly angsty, but it has it's moments.  Sam thinks he's lost Dean, thinks it's the worst thing in the world, but finding him is it's own bittersweet pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment